The following information describes how we gather and use your data. It informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of our website, from contacts, and from galleries and clients. The information we hold on you will depend on our relationship with you and you may find some of the sections below are not relevant.
Keeping your personal data safe has always been important to us and the GDPR is just an extra layer of security for you.
When you use our site, or share information with us, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect some or all of the following:
- your name.
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number.
- if required, your payment details
- information about you that you give us in person, at events and exhibitions or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- information shared with us by galleries in relation to your purchase of artwork.
- when browsing our website, standard Google Analytics data such as your IP address, your browser type.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- communicate with you and provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where we have identified a legitimate interest to do so.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where we have identified a legitimate interest to do so.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- notify you about changes to our service.
- send you digital newsletters and exhibition announcements.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please contact us directly by emailing email@example.com.
HOW TO OPT-OUT
If you do not want us to use your information for exhibition announcements, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: to make sure you receive updated information on David Remfry’s activities and to provide the services you have requested.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site, which is referred to as Log Data.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit while on this website, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Any data that you share with the studio is stored on our secure servers. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Your privacy is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data that you share with us is shared at your own risk. You are also welcome to request access to, correct or delete information that we have about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we feel will be of interest to you. We hope that you enjoy receiving our emails, but if you no longer wish to receive them, you can unsubscribe at any time via the link found in the footer of each email.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Last updated on: 23 May 2018